is toolkit used for performing various database operations, such as importing and exporting data, exporting database structure as documentation, or generating SQL scripts. It uses XAML syntax for defining operations very effectively.
All features all covered with unit test, which guarantees high quality. Lot of code of Db Shell is given from database tool called DatAdmin
, so altough it is young project, it is based on well tested and many years developed code.
There is also freeware database management tool
using DbShell called DbMouse
, which could be used as DbShell console.
How it looks
XAML syntax is subset of XML. The following basic example shows, how to export table content to CSV using DB shell.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
Connection="sqlserver://MultipleActiveResultSets=True;Data Source=localhost\SQLEXPRESS;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=Chinook"
- Supported engines
- Microsoft SQL
- MySQL, SQLite - planned in future
- Export - CSV, HTML (using razor), CDL (dbshell proprietary binary table data format)
- Import - CSV
- Data sources - tables, queries, data files
- Variable replacing - similar principle as in NANT
- ForEach cycle (over in database tables, over rows in table/query result, over files in directory)
- You can saemlessly combine anything, what makes jist a little sense